Ngati Porou Hauora provides integrated health services to the Ngati Porou East Coast region, including mental health and addiction services and is currently looking to fill two roles in its Mental Health Team.
CO-EXISTING PROBLEMS (CEP) CLINICIAN/ADDICTIONS COUNSELLOR
One role is for a Co-Existing Problems (CEP) Clinician/Addictions Counsellor to provide community based mental health and addiction assessment and intervention services across a range of settings for Tangata whaiora/clients and their whanau.
This includes initial assessments, risk management, brief intervention, talking therapy, education, facilitated groups, relapse prevention and identification of pathways of support for those with suspected substance abuse and other dependencies/addictions, supporting them to access the appropriate health services. The role covers the geographical area from Potaka to Anaura.
For a successful appointment to this role it is essential that you:
● Have or be working towards a formal AOD qualification
● Are registered DAPAANZ or meet competency criteria to work towards registration
● Have a tertiary qualifications either in Social Work, Nursing or Counselling with registration to appropriate professional body
● Have proven experience in counselling and therapy
● Work with a recovery focus
● Have knowledge of evidence based best practice in the mental health and addiction sector
● Are able to demonstrate practical understanding of the aspirations and challenges facing Maori communities
● Have excellent oral, written, computer and interpersonal communication skills
● Have proven skills in accurate documentation practices
● Hold a current, clean, full driver’s licence
Proven experience as a clinician in Co-Existing Problems/ Addiction/ Mental Health area with a good understanding and application of relevant legislation and the associated clinician responsibilities of such would be helpful.
We are also looking for a Clinician/DAO to provide safe, high quality and culturally appropriate mental health services, including crisis services, to clients of Ngati Porou extending from Potaka to Anaura.
Working in a Choice and Partnership model, this key role is responsible for clinical case management including referral, assessment, interventions and exit.
Promoting a client focus within a recovery model whilst upholding client rights and confidentiality and developing and maintaining effective relationships with clients/family/whanau is vital to the outcomes.
For a successful appointment to this role, you will:
If you have the attributes, skill and experience for either of these roles as outlined in the job descriptions and desire to make a difference to the delivery of mental health and addiction services in our region, apply today. Remuneration will be negotiated based on qualification, skills and experience.
For your application to be considered, please ensure you complete and attach:
To apply, please click here (redirect to QJumpers website)
Applications close Monday 12 June 2017
Job Code :
Location : East Coast, North Island, NZ
Employment Type :Full Time
Apply Before : 12/06/2017